Selling Your Home
While we’ll handle the details of selling your home, you may want to know more about the process. Here are critical elements of every sale. Each of these elements incorporates many factors, and any of them can have a dramatic affect on the time that your home stays on the market, and its ultimate selling price.
- Determining the List Price We will complete a Comparable Market Analysis and help you set the appropriate sales price for your home according to current market value.
- Property Location Buyers consider how close your home is to schools, shopping and services, transportation and amenities. They reward homes in well-kept neighborhoods and penalize homes on noisy streets.
- Property Condition Buyers consider the structural and mechanical integrity of your home as well as the cosmetic appeal. Before listing your home, make sure your property Is in move-In condition.
- Market Conditions Market conditions are factors that impact buyers that are beyond our control, like mortgage interest rates, consumer confidence, weather, the economy, current sales and price trends.
- Contract Terms Inspection dales, mortgage approval contingencies, seller’s disclosures, closing dates and exclusions of fixtures are just a few terms of the contract that should be handled up front, in order to avoid any confusion later.
- Marketing Our marketing expertise will help you achieve a quicker sale and a higher price than you may otherwise receive.
Expected Selling Time
It’s a fact: Your home will attract the most excitement and attention when it’s first listed. And all the buzz simply Increases your chance for a quick sale. However, nobody can promise when your house will sell. It could be one day, two weeks, three months – or longer. Some of it depends on these factors:
- Local and national economic factors
- Market conditions
- Number of comparable homes for sale in your area
- Whether or not people are buying new homes, existing homes, or none at all
Any or all or these factors can speed up (or slow down) the sale of your home. No matter the market, here are tried and true tips for selling your home faster:
Make it Look Good Ever see a food commercial that makes you hungry? It looks so good. Presentation, they say, is everything. And so It Is with your home. The more appetizing It is, the more likely buyers will bite. Your real estate agent has tips for making your home 10011 and show great.
Price it Right Sixty percent of buyers purchase homes at market value & not above it. Price your home at market value and you’re likely to see more prospects, which increases your chance for a sale. Let one of our agents help you price it right from the beginning.